Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

High Tea... Fit for a Queen


So, this is a blog that is long overdue... but, I found these fun pictures on my computer and as the age old saying goes, "better late than never"!  As the Royal Wedding took over the media circuit... I of course was quick to jump on the Royal Wedding Band-Carriage! The glamorous Drake Hotel in Chicago threw a party fit for a queen and I made sure to get tickets!  So I grabbed my mother-in-law, an over-the-top strand of  pearls, and a pretty feathered hat to honor Kate and off we went... mimosas in hand! 

The Drake Hotel high tea in the Palm Court

Yours truly
 The yummy tea sandwiches and breads
 Too cute servers... timeless
My darling mother-in-law... tea in hand

Somehow... we scored a private screen...
 A lovely Vera, accessorised with a lace coat... last minute since the dress was a complete secret!
 There is nothing more elegant to set the tone than a harpist for your big day!
 A crown adorn menu
 The breathtaking Palm Court at the Drake Hotel Chicago
 The wedding cake... adorably accented with little bubbles and ruffles
 Stunning!

 It really was a day fit for a queen!
If you have never experienced high tea at the Drake hotel... I highly recommend it... it was a wonderful afternoon and a Chicago tradition for all "Ladies in Pearls"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment